Saturday 3 January 2009

What are you like


Found this brilliant competition on the house of illustration website, which has finished now but I still thought it was a really nice idea, and wondered if anyone else was up for...well...cant really call it a challenge as it just sounds like good fun to me! I'll copy some text from the site....
The idea is taken from a Victorian game of describing yourself with images of your favourite things: like a self-portrait. Illustrate their 8 favourite things from a list of 12 – their favourite animal, book, clothes, comfort, food, pastime, place, possession, music, shoes, weather and pet aversion (the thing they love to hate!) They have been encouraged to use their favourite medium. The artists’ names will not appear on the artworks, to give visitors the chance to have fun guessing who they are.

2 comments:

Sean Priest said...

I think this sounds like a cool idea.

anna said...

Thanks sean, few ever seem to share my enthusiasm about things like this :( I guess I am the nerd! Its nice to get a response, If you decide to have a go at this please send to annapearce76@yahoo.co.uk (or direct to the blog if you can, Im not sure how?) and I'll post it on the blog if you like! I will have to have a go too!